Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 11 - The Peanut Factory

Aloha to my favorite people! :)
    Just a few odds and ends before I get to the meat of this week: 
    I got to work in the Peanut Butter factory of the church this week. I worked so hard I rubbed my right hand raw; it was AWESOME!! 
    Remember how there is only one set of missionaries to an area? Well this week one other Hermana in another area and I swapped places for a day. It was so hard and so fun! I also got to take this picture of Downtown Houston!
    I got a question from a kind and beautiful soul this week about what a day in the mission is like. I wake up exactly at 6:30, and then my companions and I go running for thirty minutes. Then we shower and get ready for the day. Then I read the scriptures for an hour, study with my companion for the next hour, then study Spanish for an hour, and because I am in training we then do training stuff for an hour. Then we eat lunch and hit the road. We then go teach people all the day long. In Spanish. If we don't have people to teach we go and look for them in a variety of ways. This is called contacting. We go home at 9:00 pm, plan for thirty minutes, and then we get ready for bed and are in bed at 10:30. 
When I first got to the MTC (CCM) I had a really hard time with waking up exactly at 6:30 because I was so tired. The one day, I was reading about the end of the life of Jesus Christ when he was suffering for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and his apostles were sleeping (This is all in Matthew 26) and he kept asking them, in the Madison McCurdy translation, can't you just stay awake for an hour? Here the Son of God is carrying the sins of the world. He is more than exhausted and yet he is still being exactly obedient. This hit me in my heart. I am as a representative of Jesus Christ. This is his year and a half, not mine. He is not asking Peter to stay awake, he is asking me. All he asks is for "me" to stay awake for a single hour. 
    After that I have not had a single problem staying awake or getting up. 
    God is not only asking me to stay awake, he has also asked for this year and a half of my life. The more I experience it the more I am glad that I gave it to him. When I chose to give him the reins he has began changing me and helping me grow. How I am excited for the next 15 1/2 months too! 
    I love you guys!! Try to stay awake that extra hour this week and I know you will get so many blessings. That is the great thing about the gospel. The more you give the more God gives in return. That is the beauty of my message. :)

-Hermana Madison McCurdy

The Peanut Factory

Shakes

Beautiful Houston

Feeling French

No comments:

Post a Comment