Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 30 - Conroe: (Like No Place Else)

What a week!

For starters, this was Hna Provost and I's last week together as she flies out tomorrow.  Yes she is really sad.  But we are pushing through it and I know she'll do great.

Last week we went on a hiking thing as a district and I managed to avoid the poison ivy and the ticks.  But it smelled like Connecticut in there.  It was so nice!  And then we played basketball and ate frozen pizza.  It was awesome.

We found the elephants and the giraffes that live here in Cut 'n Shoot.  Sorry I don't have any pictures.  But just in case you were wondering it is legal to own elephants and giraffes in Texas.  When we went to Chile's this week with the Bishop, I found a sign that said, "Conroe: (Like No Place Else)" and it is so true.  There literally is no place like it.  I will miss it a lot.

This week at District meeting we were playing a game to learn Spanish and we were trying our utmost to win if you were scoring by golf, which is, to loose.  When we came down to the final jeopardy and had to bet points, we bet only 1 of our points, because you were not allowed to make a bet of 0.  But when the other team answered incorrectly and bet just the perfect amount of their points (800 points) we ended up winning by exactly one point.  It was really funny.  Then, because so many people from our district are going home, we wrote eulogies and dressed in all black and pretended it was a funeral.  We even made that pudding stuff with the oreos that looks like dirt and make little tombstones to go inside it with their names on it.  It was yummy pudding haha.

We also watched a less active man in our ward give his dogs a bath.  The dogs gave so much resistance it was really hard to watch!  If the dogs could only understand that they were so smelly and gross and grimy and disgusting, they would want a bath.  But, that's the thing about dogs I guess, that they can't see.  Sometimes I feel like we are the dog and that God is giving us a bath.  We scream and yelp and think that it's the end of the world, but if only we could see the way that God does, and realize that we smell, we would want it.  I am glad to have a God that is willing to give me metaphorical baths to help me be better when I sometimes cannot see that I need the improvement.

Yesterday I heard the news that I am getting transferred, meaning that I am being assigned to a new area.  I will miss Conroe a lot, but it will always have a special place in my heart.  If you are wanting to send me mail in the next week, please send it to "16623 Hafer Rd, Houston, TX  77090."  That would be awesome! :) I love you guys and I hope that you all have a wonderful week!  And when God gives you a bath, try to enjoy the warm water and the nice shampoo, and then be grateful when you are clean.

Always,
Hna Madison McCurdy




No comments:

Post a Comment