Thursday, June 16, 2016

Week 50 - "Chiste que? Chiste que? Oh no! On no!" Hermano Ayala

This week.  What happened this week.

Chistes first.  I got chased by a dog.  Haha.  I kind of did that thing where I lose my ability to consciously move and what I will do is very unexpected.  In this case I did nothing and Hna Wallace grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me out of there.  Without her I probably would have been dog food or just super embarrassed.  I am thankful for a quick thinking, caring, beautiful companion.  ;)
The sky was super pretty.

We went to a bunch of meetings this week and it is beginning to kill our miles.  We have 1700 miles for the whole month of June for the car and still we wonder if it will be enough.  We had conference calls with the Assistants, and some stake meetings in Woodlands, and then this week we have more.   Meetings are fun!  I think we are figuring out about the innards workings of stakes, missions, and wards.

Last monday after we had finished all we had to do we went to the mall to pet a baby pig.  Mondays are what we call "Preparation Day" or "P-Day" which means from 10:30-6 is our time.  Also when we were at the mall we ran into Esperanza, one of our old investigators who asked us not to come over anymore.  That, and the fact the Hna Wallace accidentally called her "Esmeralda" made it really awkward haha.  But, if you don't act like it's awkward no one knows.  Esperanza's baby is super cute though, so that was a bonus.

We volunteer at a home called "the (East Texas) Dream Center" here in Conroe.  The building used to be a hospital, but it is now a home for women that need help getting back on their feet and want to strengthen their relationship with God.  (Sometimes while we are working I like to make up stories about the things that happened in the room where we are when it used to be a hospital.)  They have a school, a store, a doctor, and a bunch of other things in there.  That is one thing that I love about Texas.  The people are super kind, always want to help others, everyone is SUPER patriotic about something, and they are not afraid to say 'Merry Christmas' or put 'In God We Trust' on their police cars.

One of our members gave us the name of someone to go teach this week, and her name is Reina Espinoza.  She is so AWESOME!  If you could please pray for her that would be great :)  We went over and she started crying about five times in the lesson but in the end she promised us that she would read the Book of Mormon because she knows that it will strengthen her family.  That is what I love about the gospel.  There is literally NOTHING, no wound, no pain, no hurt, no weakness, that the Savior and His gospel cannot heal or overcome.  I hope and pray that we can all have the courage and strength to follow Jesus Christ.  I know that in Him all our hurts will be made strengths and that there we find joy in becoming something better.

I love all of you!  Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help any of you. :)
Hermana Madison McCurdy

Hna Glavan took us out to eat.  I love that woman.  She also loves family history. 
 Coincidence?  I think not.


Look at this cool church we found!  Er, I mean, shopping mall in Woodlands. 
 #Woodlands



My cute companion with the statue.  You can't see it in this picture but she is wearing Nikes because she forgot her other shoes at home.


Our last picture as a district before Elder Bassett went home.  He's the one with the shoulder bag.  :(


And now a few words from Hermana Wallace.  She copied me in her email list and I thought these few paragraphs were interesting for a couple of reasons, so I thought I would share.  Notice Madison didn't mention it and further notice how much they sound like twins in their use of language….

Okay, now the news (in case my bitty email didn't go through last week): Hermana McCurdy and I are staying together! We got the call on Sunday night telling us she was staying, and she almost didn't believe it. I'm the first companion she's been with for two transfers besides her trainer. It's like God knew we were best friends or something.*

Then, before we got too comfortable, we got the call on Monday night telling us that Hermana McCurdy is the new STL (Sister Training Leader) in our zone! Basically that means that she's in charge of a lot of following up on other missionaries, going to other areas on exchanges, and that our companionship is supposed to be examples for everybody else. It's kind of intimidating for her, but I know she'll do a great job.

Overall the zone has a lot of new leadership. Our former district leader, Elder Pogroszewski, is now a zone leader, and we have a new district leader. I think it will be good for us, because it really pushes us to kick it into high gear. We're setting a lot of baptism goals, and we're trying to be more unified. I won't go into it too much more so it doesn't sound like an update on some company ("and overall our synergy has leveragized to be exponentially more digbotolized"), but I feel really inspired.


Ha ha, you gotta love those two- Taking on Texas one dog at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment