Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Week 51 - The week of Selfies

I entitled this email the week of the selfies because when I looked through all the pictures that I had to send to you all, they were all selfies!

LOTS OF AWESOME STUFF HAPPENED THIS WEEK!

I ate a chocolate frog, and loved it.

I saw Hermana Gutierrez in a church parking lot for about three minutes! :D  We had a Spanish Leadership Council, and I was asked to play the piano. :/  Thank you for the prayers haha I needed them, but it worked out really well!  God really does qualify us in the moments that we need help :) in fact I would say that it was a small miracle.  Also, President Mortensen, our Mission President, can be unexpectedly sassy when he speaks Spanish sometimes.  He served his mission speaking Spanish in Puerto Rico, which is so nice because he gets the culture and everything.

DANI GOT BAPTIZED!  That was a little girl that Hermana Childs and I found while we were in Katy.  I was so happy when I heard that I wanted to jump into the air and click my heels together, but I refrained.  :) I am so happy for that little girl. :)

Hna Wallace and I made up a secret handshake.

We had a Father's Day Party at the church, but we were thirty minutes late because we were in a lesson.  When we got there we were the first ones there!  For a moment we were really worried there was actually no party, which would have been really awkward because we told a lot of people.  But, it all worked out in the end, everyone just came on Standard Mormon Hispanic Time, aka an hour and a half late.  It was a great party!  The Conroe 3rd Ward has the best parties!

At church yesterday we were so busy it was a slightly stressful!  We were the Ward Pianist, Singing Time Leaders, and taught the lesson in Relief Society.  Singing time was by far my favorite.  So much for Sunday being the day of rest. ;)

We were also out knocking doors and this one lady let us right in and fed us soup with Pig Feet in it (I could literally see the hooves.  Luckily she didn't make us eat that part, because I couldn't have done it I think.)  We got to teach her family and they are super nice and we are going back on Tuesday :)

I went on exchanges with Hna Christensen.  She is super cute.  I love her!  (Exchanges is when we switch companions for a day).

Also, HAPPY LATE FATHER'S DAY!  I am so grateful for the father and grandfather's in my life!  I don't know where I would be without him!  He has always been an example for me of how to be a hard worker and a card shark (among many other things). :)  I know that he also learned those things from his dad, and that my mom learned how to show love unconditionally, make cookies, and crack jokes from hers.  I know that we are all blessed to have such wonderful men in our lives.  Just like we have Earthly Fathers, I also know that we have a Heavenly Father, who created us.  He is equally as involved in our lives and loves us even more.  I am grateful for everything that He has given me, although I do not always understand what that everything is.  Here is a link to a great video about Fathers for those of you who would like to see it.  (I don't know what happened to the link!)

I Know that our Savior lives and that He loves us.  I know that He was sent here by God, our Heavenly Father, who loves us infinitely too.  May you each have a marvelous week, and please let me know if you need anything.

Always,
Hermana Madison McCurdy

Andrea, Yo, Esmerelda, and Hna Christensen on exchanges.


Hna Wallace, Yo, y Francelia in Schlotsky's, a restaurant in which Francelia works.


The sky yesterday


Dani's baptism (I didn't get to go, but isn't she adorable?  And also Hna Jorgensen.  
She is adorable too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment