Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 16 - What happens in the font stays in the font

The week before a baptism is a unique type of monster- both because
there is a lot to do that most people don't know you have to do, and
also that week is always really hard for the person getting baptized
too. So long story short- Alfredo, the husband of Paty our recent
convert, was baptized this weekend. And it was a really weird week.
    We arrived at the church early to fill up the font only to
discover that it was covered in mold and mildew because people had
never drained the font from the last baptism. We tried using the mop
but nothing seemed to work! Finally the Hermanas in the Ward who were
early performed a miracle. I will never forget watching them there in
the Font in their dresses without their shoes on,
scrubbing and scrubbing away at the mildew on the walls of the empty
font ten minutes before the baptism was supposed to start.
    Alfredo did get baptized, and it was AWESOME. When he came out of
the water he had the biggest smile on his face. He was a new person!
He was smiling and laughing, and was glowing too! The blessings that
come from obeying the commandments of God are hard to describe in
words, but I have seen them with my own eyes and felt them in my heart
and in my life. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to help
other people experience them too.
    I know that this gospel is true, and that Joseph Smith did see our
Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of
Mormon is true, and that through priesthood ordinances we can become
new men and women and live with our Father in Heaven, and our families
forever too.
    Until next week :)
-Hna Madison McCurdy







No comments:

Post a Comment