Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week 14 - Hermana McDonald's

Hello friends and Family!
  I wish I had really cool stories to tell you guys, but all the best stories you wait to tell until you get home, right? That is how we come to these odds and ends:
  I made cookies "For the First Time in Forever," this week. They were so yummy. My companion was this odd mix of really pleased and also slightly peeved, because she wanted to eat all the cookies. I have picked up some new nicknames around here, including but not limited to: "Maria" (by a 9-year old girl who loves the Sound of Music), "Leche Mala" (which means bad milk. Someone thought my name was McCurdled, which then turned into curdled, which proceeded to evolve into Leche Mala) (the bad milk in the CCM has followed me to Texas), "Turd" (said person used to call me curd), and "Herman McDonalds" (which happened because a lot of Hispanics have a difficult time pronouncing my majestic Scottish last name and then realize it looks like McDonalds. The moral of the story is that about 2/3 of the primary calls me Hermana McDonalds now).
    We have a really cool investigator who loves the Book of Mormon.  Before we taught him his second lesson he was already in 2nd Nephi, and when we taught him the Restoration he was so golden he had James 1:5 memorized. Wowza.
    I had an exchange this week, which is where you switch companions with someone else for a day, and I got to spend time with the "Lebron James of the Texas Houston Mission." She was a lot less intimidating and less tall than I thought she would be haha. Her named is Hermana Tate and she is from SoCal. I learned so much from her in one day.  Honestly if one day I could even make it into the Missionary NBA I would be happy.
  While a lot of missionaries in the world have bicycles, my companion and I have a car. See that little black box in the corner? His name is TiWi and TiWi does a lot of good things. For example when you hit a curb he says, "Aggressive driving." Or when you go 11 miles over the speed limit or higher, he says, "Watch your speed."  Sometimes he even randomly tells us to make sure that our seatbelt is on. So why do we have a TiWi? For obvious reasons, even if it annoys us and the people of the Houston area. But the TiWi does a lot of good. I was thinking that we have a TiWi in our lives too, and that is the gift of the Holy Ghost. Sometimes he says: "Don't watch this movie," or "Don't go to that website." We have the Holy Ghost for the same reason that we have TiWi, to keep us safe and prevent accidents. Sometimes it's annoying that you can't do whatever you want to do. Sometimes it makes other people angry. But whenever we follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost we will always feel the love of God in return telling us he is happy that we did the right thing. I wouldn't trade that feeling for the world.
  And sometimes it makes me wish that the TiWi said thank you when you did what it asked you to do.
  Have a marvelous week everyone. I love y'all :) Keep me updated
please what is going on with you guys please!

  All my love,

  Hna Madison McCurdy


Me and TiWi


This is a serious picture of my Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment