Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Week 17 - Hurricane Patricia

Familia:
    Hey guys! How are you all? I hope that you are doing well and that
you are not cold and wet and windy like Houston is right now. Did
anything exciting happen this week? How is school and stuff going?
    First off, Hurricane Patricia was just really wet and really fun.
The only bad part was that Hna Jorgensen and I looked and smelled like
wet dogs.
    We went to the zoo :) it was fun!
    I wanted to share an experience that I had a couple weeks ago with
you guys. I remember that I was having a very bad day. I was feeling
pretty devastated and down on myself and as we were driving to an
appointment I remember brooding over things in my head. My companion
ended up taking a wrong turn and I figured that she would turn right
eventually to get on the right road, but then she didn't. I was even
more confused when the busy road narrowed and became a two lane dirt
road in the middle of Houston, and we were lost. We came to a weird
clearing with some other parked cars, and looking up at the sky I
realized we were right next to the runway at the airport.
    You can imagine my delight as we sat and watched the airplanes for
a couple minutes. Hna Jorgensen started asking me questions about why
all the planes start turning immediately after they got up into the
air. After I was done explaining about air traffic, I was watching a
small United flight climb into the sky and heard a voice say clearly
in my mind, "I am the pilot here, and I know where I want you to go."
    I am so glad that our Heavenly Father follows his own flight plans
and not our own. Our destinations for ourselves fall so much shorter
than His. He sees us not only as we are but as we can be. I know that
no matter the hard things that come in our way he places them there
specifically to help us become that person. I know that we can all
meet God's high expectations, and I also know that one day God will
take each of us lovingly by the shoulders and turn us around, and that
then we will finally be able to see that our greatest trials in life
were also our greatest blessings. The hardest thing I have ever had to
do in my life is also the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I
am glad that God does not ask us if we want our trials but instead
lovingly listens to our complaining and rejoices with us when we
realize their worth. I know He loves us.
    I know that God lives. I know that He celebrates with us and
always sees our potential. I am grateful that we can ALWAYS CHANGE.
    How well God knows me, especially if He will lovingly rebuke me
through airplane metaphors haha.
    Love you guys :)
-Hna Madison McCurdy


Ps. This is us and the senator for Texas.





Ppss. Hermana Jorgensen and an elephant.


No comments:

Post a Comment