Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 18 - I could really go for a milkshake right now :)

Salutations!
  First off, happy late Halloween! :) I actually missed the over kill
of orange and black this year (my high school colors were orange and
black), and also didn't get any candy, but it was good. Hna Jorgensen
and I had a very interesting Halloween. The Missionaries have to be in
by 6:00 on because of safety purposes and also other things, so we
wanted to go get food and then clean and write letters and other stuff
during the night. The day was slightly more complicated because for
every month we have exactly 1300 miles for the car and if we go over
we have to face the consequences aka "walking." The day of Halloween
we had only 23 miles before we went over, and at the end of the day
after major budgeting and still getting food the odometer was at
1299.7. :)
  One of the less actives we are teaching is named Gregpry Moreno.
His wife makes amazing food. His family has been here in the United
States for four generations (kind of rare haha) and he doesn't know
where he comes from, so I have been helping him do his family history,
which basically means we're buddies. He got the priesthood two weeks
ago and this week he got to pass the sacrament. Brother Moreno is
missing both of his legs a little bit past his knees and is in a wheel
chair, but this disability did not stop him from participating. One of
the 16 year old boys pushed his wheelchair as he held the sacrament
tray, and helped deliver it. There was something so humbling about
watching him do it, I realized at one point that I had tears in my
eyes. It was a beautiful sight.
  This week I made Hna Jorgensen a really cool map thingy of the plan
that God has for us. I don't think she was expecting me to be super
artistic and that it came out as a surprise haha. But it makes me
super happy every time that she uses it in a lesson. In Spanish, it is
called "el plan de salvación" or the plan of Salvation. One of the
things that I like about it is that it is also called the Plan of
Happiness and the plan of Redemption in the scriptures. Many prophets
teach about it in the bible and in the Book of Mormon. I know that
it's God's plan of how his children can be happy. It talks about where
we were before this life, where we will be after, and why we are here.
My favorite part of it is that our families can be families even after
this life. Through the plan and the promises that I make with God in
the temple, my dad will always be my dad. My mother and my sister and
one day my future children will always be mine and I will always be
theirs too. What joy this knowledge brings me! I know many of you have
heard me talk about the temple before, but that's why it is so
important. That is why the temple is so sacred: because there are
special types of promises made in there that are so central and
important in the plan of God. These blessings for our families is one
of my favorite things to teach the people here in Texas. I love
watching the peace and assurance of God's plan for us sink into their
lives and into their eyes, and it is all possible through Jesus
Christ. Can I share this with you too?
  And also, I am being transferred, which means I am going to be in a
new area and with a new companion. If anyone would like to send me
mail in the next week, it should go to 16623 Hafer Rd, Houston TX
77090. Thanks guys! Love ya :)
  Always, Hna McCurdy


Ps. This is the Temple in Houston!





Ppss.  These are all the missionaries in my Zone.





A few more fun pictures of Madison, her fellow missionaries and friends:


Me and my district with the sign of Africa at the Zoo


No big deal but this pine cone is the size of my face and we know how much I love pine cones :)


Hna Jorgensen was serenading me with the Ukelele


The Houston North Spanish Zone serious picture


This is the grouchiest, meanest little girl I have ever met.  But with patience, hard work, and perseverance, she now loves me.  Even if she doesn't look it in this picture. :)


One of my little friends


And this little girl calls me Maria because she loves the Sound of Music and I call her my Liesel.  Every time I see her we sing sound of music together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment