Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 20 - Miracles in Houston

Well, I don't exactly know what to write about this week, but it was
certainly a great week! How about we will start from worst to
greatest.
    My address has changed. Please ask my mother if you would like the new one.
    Secondly, we had a special thing in church this week where all of
the children sang a bunch of songs about Jesus, and this person,
*points to self* got to play the piano. It was really bad haha, but I
like to tell myself that it would have been a lot worse if no one had
played the piano. Over all, it went really well! It was really sweet
to be able to hear the children talk about Jesus, how he is their
friend, and that they want to follow him.
    We are also teaching a new family that we found, and they are
crazy (especially Alex, who is three) and I LOVE them. We met them
when we were walking down a random street and knocked on their door,
and Ruby (who is 9) came running over from her neighbors house. She
told us in what seemed to be only one breath that he parents were not
home, they were at the hospital, that her mom's name was Diana, her
Dad's name is Alejandro, that they would be home on a specific day at
a specific time if we would like to come back over, and that her
mother's phone number was ***-***-****. Of course we went back over.
And after teaching us several times, Diana was telling us yesterday
how it was kind of like a miracle that Ruby invited us right back over
after having met us for 15 seconds. I know the message that we are
teaching can help them in so many ways! There are so many good people
that live here, and although I have only met a very small fraction of
them, I cannot help but love them somehow.
    The pictures that I have attached are of the baptism of a young
man named Jesus Gamez. He is from Monterrey, Mexico, and he was here
in the United States, to learn English. During that time he met us at
English class, and he had been studying the gospel with us ever since.
Jesus was supposed to be baptized on Sep 5. And then some crazy stuff
happened and he was supposed to be baptized on Oct 3rd, and then on
Oct 10. Then, some other crazy things happened and we had to cancel
his baptism only an hour and a half before it was supposed to start.
That was a really sad day. Hna Jorgensen and I almost cried, but it
was Jesus who was crying. But God gave us a miracle, and this last
Wednesday, Jesus was finally able to get baptized. His family even was
able to come from Mexico! Sunday Jesus went back to Mexico a new
person. He came to America thinking he was coming to learn English,
but really he came to learn about Jesus Christ. I do not think that I
will ever see him again, but he has touched my life in ways that he
does not know. All the people I have met, and taught, and loved here
have. How lucky I am that God has trusted me to teach his sons and
daughters here. And, no matter how long we have to wait to have the
blessings of God like Jesus did, I know that they are ALWAYS worth it.
    I love you all a lot. Have a fantastic week. :)
From the land where everything is bigger

Hna Madison McCurdy


Ppss. Not sure why my head is so blonde in this picture. Sorry about that haha
Ps. And this is my companion being a chicken whisperer. 



Jesus, who got baptized, with Elder Murdock
We were being superheroes





A cute dirt road I knocked doors on


 This is Conroe.  A Mexican man with a horse and a cowboy hat walking down the street in front of a Taco Bell.  It describes it perfectly somehow.



Apparently this is the good "jump" picture of her zone- the other one was bad...


This is the day I was really sick and my last day in Houston.  This is Susy and Ricardo and somehow even though I don't speak Spanish they love me.  It is probably because I tamed their mean little daughter and now she loves me.  Ricardo is shaking my hand because I apparently give really good handshakes and everyone likes to tell me I'm really strong…..nice


This is Hyrum's death mask.  I have this picture because it makes me excited because we have the same eyebrows.  


Something I drew on the chalkboard, it is our zone motto.


One of my investigators in Houston.  His name is Jose Rivas and he loves the Book of Mormon.  And I love the Book of Mormon.  And so we are friends.


The guy on the left is my Mexican father, and the guy on my right is my Mexican brother.  
They're cool.





No comments:

Post a Comment