Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 22 - Remember that time it was 80 degrees on Thanksgiving? Me too.

Hey there my favorite people!  I don't have very much time today, so I am sorry for all the typing mistakes and also for the potential depressed level of eloquence of this email. :)

Thank you for everyone who communicated with me the week!  I love getting surprise emails and letters!  You guys are the best and you can sure bet that I was especially grateful for you guys this week.

How to start… this week was a week of growth.  Growth in my teaching, growth in my Spanish, growth in my confidence and in my vision and also in my stomach.  This week I took a nap on Pday.  It was the first nap I have had in a lllooonnnnggggg time and although I was curled up in a fetal position on the couch it was quite refreshing.  BOTH OF MY BROTHERS EMAILED ME.  A black man tried to Bible Bash with us while we were out finding people.  Don't worry I handled it well, which is to say that I didn't fight with him.  Instead I thanked him for his faith and gave him a picture of Jesus.  I have helped people put up three Christmas trees (mom you should try inviting one set of the home ward missionaries and letting them help you put up the tree and decorate it).  Reina and Sherly moved to Atlanta Georgia (I might have a referral coming your way Elder Cruz) and we cried because that was really sad but is a good change.

MILTON GOT MARRIED.  WHICH NOW MEANS THAT HE CAN GET BAPTIZED. *happy dance*  Speaking of Milton, this week when we were eating Thanksgiving with him and his family I discovered that he lived in Bridgeport, CT.  It was like having a little piece of home somehow haha. The wedding was beautiful and super cute and here's a picture of them and me and Hermana Lowry.


Hispanic weddings are crazy and so fun!  They have a lot of really weird games and traditions and stuff.  Also at the wedding I discovered I have a really hard time not dancing.

I went on splits with Hermana Barrera (the Relief Society President) and we were sitting in her car and I was having a hard moment and I asked her if she could go anywhere for six seconds, where would she go?  And she told me there was no where that she would rather be than in her car in the rain and the dark becoming better friends with me.  That made me cry.  I love that woman.

I am sure that you are all wondering about what we did for thanksgiving.  Hermana Lowry made Yams and I made my great grandma McKenna's cranberry salad and then we went to the Hernandez's house and had a thanksgiving feast with them. (The picture of me and the little girl wearing crowns is them.)

And then, since they are investigating the church we taught them the Plan of Salvation.  (On thanksgiving.  How neat is that!)  Then we went to stop by the Vasquez family and they made us eat with them too.


Then as we were hardly able to walk and probably collectively 10lbs. heavier, we wanted to stop by an inactive lady's house to wish her a happy thanksgiving and her whole family was over, and they made us eat too.  I ate three thanksgiving meals.  I can't even tell you how full I was haha.  Hna Lowry was worse, though, she almost puked.  When we all went around the table and said something that we were grateful for I had so much that I was fit to bursting (literally) and couldn't find the words in English or in Spanish.  I am so grateful for my family, for Rhodric, for my parents, my grandparents, life, learning, music, Spanish, people, miracles, and most of all Jesus Christ.  The thing I think about gratitude is that not only is the cup always half full, but it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  How wonderful.  I am also grateful for the temple, for an eternal perspective.  I am grateful for my testimony that all that I teach everyday, in English and in Spanish is true.  Oh, and of course I am grateful for all of y'all too. :)
Always,
Hermana Madison McCurdy

Dress up at the Barrera's house.


Esmeralda and Andrea trying to drive away in our car!


All the Missionaries at the mission tour.


Me wearing Ruby's super cute boots.  Even though they are a size six they fit me.


Ruby wanted to take a selfie.  She is the one that we ate dinner with first.


Hermana Lowry and I with two little darlings at the wedding.  The one standing by me asked me on my first day here if I would be her best friend.  Her name is Mia.


No comments:

Post a Comment