Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 23 - "I think world war 2 just started!" Danny Walker

Salutations my family and my friends!  This week was crazy!
If anyone is wanting to send me a Christmas Card, etc. please send them to "1900 Westview Blvd #526 Conroe, TX  77304".

We had zone conference this week with training on how to work with a ward council and it was very interesting.  I kind of had my mind blown about the organization of the church.  The Lord is very smart in how He organizes things.  They didn't make me talk this time, but they did randomly call on me to talk about Family History….I still don't know if I think that was planned or the Spirit, but someone was really on top of stuff.

The Hernandez Family is moving! To Cleveland!  This is a small tragedy because Cleveland is right on the other side of our border and in the Houston East Mission.  We had little tears in our eyes as they explained to us that it would be the last time we could teach them.  But then they turned into tears of joy when we realized it was actually right on our side of the border, and still in our area! (So we can still teach them.)  We happy danced and sang Christmas songs and it went from being completely heart-wrenching to a small miracle.

This week we had dinner with a woman who is in our Spanish Ward to learn Spanish.  Spanish is her third language because she is actually a German Immigrant!  Getting to know her sweet 81 year old mother was probably the best part of the whole evening.  She has a German accent and a secret chocolate stash in the freezer and lives off of apple sauce (that's a German thing).  She was telling us about how they immigrated to the United States during the Cold War and she didn't see her family for 7 years.  She then said that when she went back, she and her sisters met up in a cafe and she bought seven slices of cake, and that she ate all of them right then.  Maybe this sounds silly, but my new little friend sacrificed her German cake (American's can't make cake apparently. Or meat. Or anything.) so that her family could have a better life.

I learned a lot from her example.  Sometimes I miss the "cake" that is so much better at home, or at BYU.  But I left the cake to come help my family, and the little ones that I have come to love every day, have a better life.  And the best part of it is that Heavenly Father is not only helping me understand the value of quality cake, but also He is teaching me how to make my own.  The future is truly very bright.  "There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light."  I know for myself that this is true.  I love all of you and I hope that y'all have a great week!
Always,
Hermana Madison McCurdy


ps This is a sneak peak at our District's Christmas Picture


ppss. This is our investigator's daughter named Mia.


And these two lovely pictures were sent to my cell phone by a lovely woman who is really good to my daughter.  Thank you!!


pppsss. Someone please celebrate Pearl Harbor day for me.  Go America!

No comments:

Post a Comment