Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week 25 - "Happy Titanic Day, Hermana McCurdy"

My new companion's name is Hermana Rebecca Provost, and she is from West Haven, Utah!  She plays the piano very well (which means I am off the hook for the Christmas season).  She and I have the same birthday even though she is two years older than me but you can bet that we are going to have a party :) pictures to follow next week….. She started her mission here in Conroe a long time ago, and at the end of this transfer, or approximately 36 days from now she will be finishing her mission.  She is the bomb.  And I also got her addicted to family history this week and I don't feel even a millimeter bad about it. Haha!

Another great thing about Hermana Provost is that she can hold a tune really well, so our caroling/finding people to teach has totally been stepped up this week as we throw in some alto parts and some improvised material in there.  God has definitely blessed me more than just our singing this week.

We set a baptism date with that guy from Connecticut (his name is Milton) for January 9th!  We doubled our member presents, and almost all of our numbers.  Miracles!  We worked and worked and we think the best part is that we found areas where we can work even harder.  The work is growing! :)

We had the ward family Christmas Party.  It was a lot of fun.  That is where we took the picture with Oscar Gonzalez, the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric, disguised as Santa.

We got lost on a really sketchy narrow dark road out in the country with purple trees on either side of us and I think that is really how Hermana Provost and I bonded.  It was an adventure about how we got out of there to say the least.

Also remember that lady who went back to Germany and ate seven pieces of Cake?  Well, this week we got to know her daughter, and her life is CRAZY.  She was a war baby in Germany and had to move to the US on the Boat the USS Rosa when she was ten.  She got to sail past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  She was interpreter for the US military.  She was part of the black panthers and she once ran the panama canal, with the "Atlantic Ocean on one side, and the Pacific Ocean on the other."  Hermana George has become one of my favorite people.  After church she was confiding to me about her life, and she told me about how for 24 years she had lost the song in her heart, and how somehow she has found it again.  I know that God gives us so many different gifts, and that through him is the only way that we can be happy.  I hope that each of you will find the song in your heart, and that you will never stop it from playing.
Merrily,
Hermana Madison McCurdy


p.s. Merry Christmas!!! :)


ppss. My old district at the temple.


Hna McCurdy and Hna Provost at the ward Christmas Party!
(Photo compliments of the Barerra Family- Keep them coming!)
Doesn't the glow of the Santa hat make her look like an angel? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment