Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 24 - I love to see the temple!

We got to go the temple this week as a district, and I bought a Mormon Tabernacle Choir/David Archuletta Christmas CD.  We have realized that there comes a time in every missionaries' life when he or she, becomes grateful that someone found David Archuletta.   Maybe it is because we can't listen to anything else, but we are living off of "Silent Night" by David Archuletta and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  We also had temple tours with Paulina, and then goth to go on Friday night to do baptisms with Francelia for her family.  They have put a little nativity scene outside the temple, it was really pretty.

We have also been Caroling like crazy.  We have developed a tactic of caroling every time we knock on someone's door and know they are home but won't answer the door…. and then they open the door.  We got to carol in an Old Person home this week as a District and it was very special.  One old man came as we were leaving and didn't get to hear us sing, so we asked him for his favorite song and then we sang all three verses of Silent Night and I resisted singing the David Archuletta version on the last verse with all that I had haha.  Our elderly friends sang along and it made my whole day, even though they put me in charge of the singing.

We also had a Stake Christmas Party this week, and we found out that President Nelson from the Twelve Apostles is coming to dedicate our new stake center next month.  Our ward primary sang the Little Drummer Boy (in Spanish) and it was the best song of the entire night haha.  All the missionaries in the Stake were the closing act.  Then on the way home they shut down the freeway and it was torture.

Also, the Hernandez Family is not getting a divorce!  We're 100% sure that it was because they read the Book of Mormon together.  They might not be so sure, but we are.

I love going to the temple.  It was so special every single time that we went this week.  I know that the temple changes lives and hearts.  Paulina is so excited to go in one day, and I was privileged to watch Francelia enter and help her family become a little bit more eternal.  How lucky we are to have the House of God on the earth today.  I wish that I could be with all of you one day in the temple. :)

Have a merry week before Christmas, and please let me know if there is anything that I can do for any of you.  Please pray for the people in Conroe, that they will be ready to receive the miracles of God in this Christmas Season.

All my love,
Hermana Madison McCurdy

ps.  These are pictures of the temple, us with Francelia at the temple and I don't remember.





2 comments:

  1. We had some Italian Sister join the church because of the Osmonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to the Houston temple it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete