Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Week 19 - We're not in "Kansas" (Houston) anymore!!

Salutations to my family, friends, and any other people that may be
reading this:
    I hope that you guys had an awesome week because I sure did! What
a wonderful time to live on this earth and to grow, and to learn :)
    I have been transfered to a cute little town called "Conroe." I
didn't realize how much my previous area was in the city until I got
to the new one, which has a town called, "Cut and Shoot," and there
are alligators. (Real alligators! How cool is that!?) Here we cover a
very small ward that covers a bunch of towns. Many people think that
this is a "hard area," but as my wise companion pointed out, "there
are no hard areas, only disobedient lazy missionaries." And it is
completely true. Speaking of my new companion, her name is Hna Lowry
and she is from Cedar City Utah. She has been on her mission a little
bit over year. She is such a hard worker and I know that I am going to
learn so much from her. I have gotten very good luck in companions on
my mission so far!
    My new skills include a variety of things. I am the only person in
the entire ward who plays a lick of piano, which means I now get to
play at everything :] I will get lots of practice! Pray for the
primary program this next week haha :) I have also gotten very good at
figuring out whether or not the house we want to knock has a dog, and
also running away from others dogs. There are a lot of dogs out here
in the 'country.'
    I have met so many new people and made so many new friends in this
short time that I have been here in Conroe. I certainly miss my old
friends in my old area, but I am excited for the new things here too.
We are teaching a variety of people. One of which is a 16 year old
girl named Paulina who loves learning about the gospel, and another
one is the Alvarado family who went with us to the temple yesterday,
and whose house almost burned down on thursday. But do not be alarmed,
it did not burn down. Everything, them, and us, just smell like smoke.
We are also teaching the family of Leticia, who decided this week to
get baptized. Wooh hoo! The work is awesome!
    I love you guys. I am so grateful for you and for your support on
my mission. I am also grateful for the scriptures, and for the
opportunity that we have to drink from them. I am grateful for my
loving Father in Heaven and for all the miracles that He helps me see
throughout the week. I know that the miracles are always there, we
just have to ask for his help to open our eyes and see them better.
Have a wonderful week, and I hope that you too can see the miracles.
And when you find one, make sure you share it with someone else,
because what good is a miracle if we don't share it?
    All my love,
-Hermana Madison McCurdy


Here is Madison's new address:
1900 Westview Blvd #526
Conroe, TX  77304

ps. This is my new companion and I as Elsa and Anna with a bunch of children.






No comments:

Post a Comment