Thursday, April 7, 2016

Week 40 - My Mexican Matthew Cuthbert

So I am not even sure about what happened this week.  For some reason it always escapes me when I sit here to email y'all.

So just in case you wanted to know about the people we are teaching:
Kathy and Armando.  Kathy and Armando were found by missionaries many months ago but have been working on getting a divorce so that they can get baptized.  We have been working as detectives trying to figure that whole mess out recently but it really has been fun somehow.  Armando I think would be best described as the Mexican version of Matthew Cuthbert from Anne of Green Gables, but he does speak English.  He is the nicest little old man ever.  He asks really good questions and doesn't talk much but you never doubt how kind he is.  Kathy is from Cuba!  She is a highly educated woman who knows something about everything and boy oh boy can she talk.  I wish I could sit there and type out everything that she says.  She likes to call us her guardian angels which I always think is cute.

We are teaching two brothers, Enrique and Walter.  They are from Chicago and are both fans of the Chicago Bulls.  They are both open to hearing our message, Enrique especially.  He is a deep thinker and Walter is really good with people.  They want a better life, and through God we can find them!

Susana and Daniella are this cute little family.  Susana has three adult children, and Daniella who is nine and wants to be baptized so bad!  She is a cute little tomboy who is so sweet and kind.

This week we celebrated by going to buy crepes.  That was fun.

We also knocked a lot of doors.  Like a lot.  But it was so fun!  We got chased by some dogs and by some cats but we had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends.  We met a lot of new people and I am very excited for next week and what it brings.

General conference was fabulous.  I loved every minute of it I think, but especially the music.  Shout out to Blake who I saw in the choir!  That was a nice surprise that filled me with a lot of joy.  I am really blessed.

Sorry for this not so great letter, but all is super will here in Westgreen.  I love you all and I know that we have a prophet on the earth today.  If we follow him we will always be successful.  Have a wonderful week!

Always,  Hna McCurdy





This surprise picture came courtesy Hna Provost who has finished her mission, but came back to visit Texas and find Madison! YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment