Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 60 - "Tu eres tu propia tostada!" or "You are your own tostada!"




This week…. was something else.  In the best way of course.

Last monday we played basketball in our district, and not only was it oddly fun, but I still have my lack of talent, and unconscious yelling when I get into it, so that was nice.  Also Hna Homer clawed me by accident and I'm hoping that it scars.  I will add it to all the other scars that I have from my basketball days. ;)

We had a flat tire!  Right in the middle of a flood!  It was really exciting.  Everything worked out fine :)  It was oddly exciting actually and a little bit of a miracle because we had to go get it fixed and it turns out that the tread was really bad on the tires and we were really lucky.  By giving us a flat tire God prevented us from hydroplaning in the flood.  God sure is good :)

We did a TON of finding this week!  Up and down and left and right talking with everyone that we saw.  This week will be really blessed I think by all the effort that we put in.  We met some very interesting (people?).  If y'all could please pray that we will find people to teach that would be fantastic.  

CHRISTIAN SAID HE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED IN SEPTEMBER!!  We were so happy to hear it, and I think we're still dancing as we walk a little bit if you know what I mean.  He went to the temple with us this week and that was where he decided.  How special, right?  Speaking of the temple we are going there on Wednesday and I am super excited.

We went on a lot of exchanges this week.  At the first one, we went to Spanish Leadership Council with our guest of honor, Hna VanDyke.  She was talking about the success that she has found in ward building, and she rocket it.  Our zone had some great participation, and we also brought some decorations, so that was really funny.  Well, everyone knew who we were. ;)  While there at the council we also talked about the issues in missionary work that we experience as Spanish missionaries.  It was very nice to talk about successes and also the things that we can improve.  Then the next day, we went on exchanges again.

I got to be with Hna Twitchell in Louetta for a night, and it was lovely.  She is such a special woman and I am so privileged to work with her and learn from her.  She has some really great ideas and I am really lucky to have her as a friend.  Everything was good except for when we went to a  baptism and it turns out I had to play the piano…. :] But I think it went super well.  I was thinking about how glad I was for all of those years of me plinking out the same songs on the piano over and over again and for the opportunity I have been given to bless other people's lives, and especially for the patience of my brothers, sister, and parents. :)

Then, yesterday we had stake conference!  It was awesome!!  Everywhere I looked I saw someone that I knew!  What made me even happier was the fact that I remembered all of their names.  I hugged so many people and there were so many others that I didn't get the opportunity to say hi to.  One of my favorite things about the mission I think, is that I have found that my heart can hold so much more love than I thought it could before.  I feel much fuller and much more complete to have these people in my life.  They are my family and part of my heart will always be here.  Also in Stake Conference we learned about the things that we can do to be more resilient to challenges and to protect our families.  I know that our families are the unit that God created to help us grow.  They are not perfect, some times they are messy, but they are there to help us grow.  I know that our families are important and hope that we can strive to give a little more every day we will find more joy there too.

Love you all and hope you have a beautiful week.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Always,
Hermana McCurdy

This one courtesy of the Barrera family.  I love these people!! 
(Stake Conference)







And last but not least… from the Lovely and expressive Hna Homer:

No comments:

Post a Comment