Monday, November 14, 2016

Week - 72 "You can wash your 'ball-out' socks when you die."

So this week we were knocking doors on one side of the street and on the other side of the street there was a little Mexican party going on.  As we got closer to them they started staring at us and talking about us- I even heard one lady saying, "miren esas gringas tocando puertas! Cuando nos pregunten de su iglesia vamos a decir que no hablamos ingles jajajajajajaja."

They all laughed.

In my head I was like: if only you knew lady.

So then we contacted them.  And it was funny.

But anyway, back to the other stuff that happened this week.

We had interviews with President.  Most of my interviews up until this point with President have been relatively nice, pleasant, and end with him laughing at me about worrying over something like dogs, or my wisdom teeth, etc. etc.  This one was different.  I developed so much love for my mission president this week, and I totally thought I loved him last week.  How grateful I am that we have leaders who are called of God and that know us and our needs.  I am grateful for a Father in Heaven who loves me and who never hesitates to remind me when I need it.

And then we went to the temple.  It was amazing.  And then we took amazing pictures of it.  Those will be included in the next email.

We also had spur of the moment Spanish Leadership Council.  It was also pretty awesome.  I learned a lot.

I also got to be a missionary in Jersey Village for a day.  It was epic.  Let me tell you a little bit of what happened.  Primero, I was with Hna Wallace and Hna Durrant.  You remember Hermana Wallace if you've been following these for the last little bit, she being the companion who suffered accompanying me to Episode VI: Return to Conroe, and also the one who got to experience all the lovely flash flooding.  Hna Durrant is her lovely companion, who I enjoy spending time with.  There is no challenge too big for Hna Durrant.  She does everything with such enthusiasm and gusto, I wish I was a lot like her. But anyways back to what happened on our exchange:
1.  We were in a meeting with the Elders and the Ward Mission leader in his apartment.  HIS WIFE TAUGHT ME HOW TO MAKE TORTILLAS.  (This is the first time I ever tried.  The first one was the shape of Antartica.  The rest turned out okay with practice.  But you could still tell which ones I made and which ones she made).  It was really cute.
2.  During said meeting I noticed there was a cockroach on the ceiling.  I watched it walk across the room and then suddenly it dropped.  Right onto Elder Norton.  And no one saw but me.  I tried so hard not to laugh.  Later I told them what happened and they all kept staring at the ceiling as Hermano said, "It's raining cockroaches."
3.  We also met this one man and tried to share with him the Book of Mormon.  He was like, "I dunno if this book could answer all of my questions, I have a lot of questions."  And Hna Durrant said, "Bring it on." And then he had questions about killing and about war and about a bunch of weird things, and the best part is- the Book of Mormon really did answer all of it.  He was like, "Can you come back tomorrow and tell me how this book can answer all my other question?"  It was pretty awesome.

And then we had the fireside.  It was super good.  I kind of cried.  I felt surrounded by my family and all these people that I have come to love.  Mostly it made me think about how the thing I think I have learned most in the world is love.  I realized how close to Heavenly Father I felt in that moment.  He must feel like that all the time.  Surrounded in a lot of love.

I know the gospel is true!  And that Jesus Christ lives!  And that the Book of Mormon is true too! :)

Always,
Hermana McCurdy

ps.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment