Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 73 - Transfers!

Hello everyone!  First I need to apologize to everyone who sent me emails and I have not had th opportunity to respond to.  I've just been really busy these last couple weeks and I feel really bad about it :(
Second, this keyboard has problems and I apologize right now for all the spelling mistakes.

This week we once again took a lot of photos.

To start it off right, last P-Day we went and played lazer tag.  I didn't place very well but I beat all the other sister missionaries, so that counts for something, right?  Also, it was a nice challenge to figure out how to play lazer tag while still being in sight and sound of each other. :)

I also had a dream that my companions (Hna Andreasen, and Hna Beaty) and I were on the Titanic, that we knew it was going to sink, and that we were doing nothing to try and stop it from sinking.   For example, I remember this one moment when we were debating whether or not we should contact now and eat dinner later or vice versa, and Hna Beaty said, "Well, when the boat hits the iceberg and everyone goes crazy they're not going to want to listen to us, so we should probably do it now."  And Hna Andreasen and I were like, "Yeah, you're right."

We also went on exchanges with the Hammerly Hermanas.  That night I slept really well.  We also had a blitz, which is where several companionships come together in one area and all knock doors for a bit to help the companionship find more investigators.  But BEFORE we went on the blitz, Hermana Rivas locked the keys in the car by accident.  Before we could freak out we said a little prayer and then realized that we were 3 stores away from a car shop.  We went and asked for help, they pulled out their special tools for that, and in five minutes we had the keys again.  It was pretty neat actually.  Haha.

Also, this week we had zone conference.  At zone conference we learned a lot about why we have commandments, and where we were before this life.  We then had texmex (basically americanized mexican food.  The tortillas were good though.  And there were jalapenos, so that was a plus.) which was really yummy.  Then we role played, and to end the day off all the departing missionaries got to bear their testimonies.  Hna Beaty bore her testimony, which was really tender.  She talked a lot about being an instrument in the hands of the Lord, which I really liked.  Then, apparently because there are no zone conferences between now and Jan 4th, I got to bear my testimony too.  It was a little strange, but it was good.  I think.

This week as Thanksgiving draws close, I was thinking a lot about how IMPORTANT it is to be grateful.  I love the saying that "gratitude" is a gateway attribute, that many of the things that we want to become, humble, faithful, virtuous, etc. etc. all starts with gratitude.  I know that even in the hardest of times if we can maintain an attitude of gratitude we will always be happy.

My challenge to each of you is to make a list of ten things that you are grateful for this week and then post it somewhere that others can see it (ie- facebook, instagram, your front lawn, or whatever is cool these days) and then to email it to me too.  I promise I will make the same list and share it next week.

Thank you for all your love, and for all your help as well.
I LOVE YOU.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help any of you.

Always,
Hermana McCurdy

ps.  I am grateful that I know the Savior lives, and also that God has witnessed to me that the Book of Mormon is true.  It has changed my life, and I know it can change yours too.





Zone Conference



No comments:

Post a Comment