Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 76 - "It's because they're Mexican. It's different."

OKAY- SOME PRETTY AMAZING THINGS HAPPENED THIS WEEK.  If you read any of my emails, read this one because it was legit.  I like to call it, "The week of the party crashers."

This week we had our last English Class with the school district.  We had a little party.  We taught them Jingle Bells and they laughed as we were singing.  It was really cute.  It was also very fascinating to me to watch how their accents have progressed as they have been learning with us.  They couldn't say certain sounds without really really trying before and they were starting to say them even without thinking.  It made me wonder if my Spanish was like that too or if it's still just as bad as I think it is. :) . Our brains are marvelous.

Also. Giselle. Again.  SHE FOUND HER FIRST NAME TO TAKE TO THE TEMPLE.  It is the name of her great-great grandma, and her name is Apolonia Romero.  We found her by accident and it was amazing.  I've never seen Giselle so happy.  She is also SO excited to go to the temple on the 23rd of December.  We're pretty happy about it too.  After we went to go celebrate with ice cream.

Then, we crashed our first church Christmas party this last Friday.  Then on Saturday we crashed the English Congregation's party and all their members were really excited because they thought they got sisters in their ward..... It was heartbreaking to tell them no but the food was super good.

Speaking of food, we also got fed some mean Mexican food this week.  We had this one soup that was super hot, and then you put a lot of salsa in it.  One of the members was sweating up a storm and we actually really liked the food.  Something I've learned is that it is really only the Mexicans who like spicy things.  For example, people from Honduras hate spicy things because, "If there is a fire in my mouth, I can only taste the fire, and then I don't get any of the beautiful flavors." etc etc.  That soup was so good though.  Mmmm.

Random- this week we killed a lot of cockroaches.  I don't know why, but we did.

Also, we went to set a baptismal date this week with Grace for January sometime, and we let her pick her date because she works best that way.  She looked at the calendar and was like, "Oh that's way too far away" and then picked one that was closer.  She was so cute.  We'll see how it turns out but she has come really far this weekend. :)

AND THEN- Heidi got robbed this weekend!  She said that the man was about to break into her room but that something she couldn't see stopped him from walking in the open door and hurting her and Alexis.  She said it was because she had been reading, praying, and going to church.  Hermana Black and I nearly smiled ear to ear and told her that yes it was.  There are seriously no blessings the Lord will not give us if we only do those simple things.  That was something that really stuck out to me this week.  The Lord can protect us and our families from anything (literally anything) if we will just pray, read the scriptures, and go to church.  I know that is why He gives us the gospel- to BLESS OUR FAMILIES.

I love you all LOTS!  Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!
Always,
Hermana McCurdy

ps.  The Book of Mormon is true.






No comments:

Post a Comment