Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 78 - "It looks like a freaking elf threw up on it"

OK- so lots of exciting things happened this week:

To start off, we have been instructed to ask our apartment office guys every week if there are any packages, and unfortunately there are never any packages for us, they are usually for the Elders who live in our same apartment complex.  This las week as we were going to check the mail again, the apartment manager came running outside, and yelled, "YOU HAVE A PACKAGE!"  We stopped dead, and said, "What?"  "It's apartment #___, right?" And we said, "Yes!" And it turns out we did have a package!  We jumped up and down in the air we were so excited.  Thank you everyone for sending us mail.  We loved it. :)

Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Canyon lakes Hermanas and I got to be companions with Hermana Wallace again for a day.  I love Hermana Wallace a lot.  I miss her a lot too.  We ran into some crazy black people and a less active lady we have been trying to find in Bear Creek for like three months, but it was special for me to be her companion again for a little bit and also it worked out, because Hermana Wallace and I ended up singing at the Christmas Conference, which was the next day.

The Christmas Conference:
It started with a beautiful message from President Mortensen about how we ended up with hitting or not hitting our yearly goals.  Then after that we watched the Nativity Movie, which is not a church movie, but President approved it, so we all watched it together.  Then we all took a giant picture of everyone in the mission, and then we had a surprise visitor, aka Santa.  Then we had a crazy dice game and then we got to sing our song with Elder Guzman, Elder Self, and Elder Smith.  It was nice.  We think it went good?

Then later that day I accidentally slapped myself in the face with a tortilla.  Long story. Haha.

This last Friday we went to the temple with Giselle.  It was a really special experience.  The Monroys drove us there and then afterwards we went to go get ice cream.  She was so happy.  So so happy.  It was super cute.

Then on Saturday we got to go to Hermana Black's previous area to see one of her investigators get baptized.  And get this!  It was one of my past investigator's daughters!  We got to go to H6 and see all of the members and it was super nice.  They all said, "Hermana! Your spanish has gotten a lot better!"  And in my head, I said, "Oh I sure hope so."  The moral of the story is- GOD CAN WORK MIRACLES IN YOUR BRAIN.

Then on Sunday we got to sing in the choir.  No one told us the memo about how we were all supposed to wear red and black....Hermana Black was wearing green and I was wearing white and blue.  We stuck out kind of.

Then I got to face time my family, and my brothers very kindly showed me my Christmas presents that are still under that tree.  Haha good times.

Something I've learned over the mission is that Jesus Christ truly came to earth.  I learned he didn't need to do it, but that he did it.  How truly humble he must have been to willingly learn to walk, eat, experience acne, and mosquito bites and death to be able to save us.  I know he did EVERYTHING for us.  Literally everything.  We must only do the little things God has commanded us to do, and we need to do them right now.  There is no delaying, because he did not delay.

I love each and every one of you.  Happy Holidays!
For my birthday tomorrow, post something on the internet that you are grateful for please.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Always,
Hermana McCurdy






No comments:

Post a Comment