Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 38 - #halleluja

So I feel like a lot happened this week, and yet somehow I do not really remember what all that was.

Kathy and Armando are MOVING!  But only to a motor home, so we are hopeful that we can figure out that divorce and get them baptized before they move back to California. (what?)

We bought a lot of candles to help our apartment smell better (our neighbors smoke marajuana and it comes through our vents).  So when you get an odd picture of us tanning ourselves over the candles- that is why.

I made my companion hamburger helper for the first time, and she loved it!  And it turns out that she has never celebrated easter before in things other than going to church, so you will see lots of pictures of that this coming week.

We volunteered at KCM (Katy Christian Ministries), and helped them in their food pantry, cleaned up their general store, and then organized what felt like 500 hangers.  It was actually super fun.

What I think I remember most about this week though was definitely the temple.  We got to go do ordinances for our family members only if both of us could find a family file name.  I was all set, and it was literally tricky finding Hna Gutierrez one, but we found it!  It was awesome.  I had the opportunity to go and be baptized for my great grandmother, Dorothy Virginia Lucas.  I never got to meet her while she was living, but I still love her somehow.  Her name was Dorothy and she was from Kansas- I was Dorothy (for Halloween) and I am from Kansas. :)  What a truly powerful experience that was.  I do not have the words for it, but thoughtful smiles and some tears.  I am grateful for all the little miracles that I have had to make it possible so that she could receive these essential things.

Easter is next week!  Who has seen the Easter Video?  Well if you haven't you should go see it.  It is really easy to find.  FollowHim.mormon.org  I think that by far my favorite part of it is when the people are all showing pictures of their family members, and declaring that through Jesus Christ, they know that their families will live again.  This message took a particularly powerful role on me this week, because I learned that one of my friends passed away this Thursday.  She was only 20 years old.  Although it was hard to know that another one of my friends has passed on before me, I am comforted because of the message that I have been called to share with every person that I see- which although encompasses a lot of things, is simply that we will see and be with our families and friends forever if we will but do the things that God has asked us to do and follow Him.  I would also like to declare my witness in this special season of the resurrection that I know that I will see my friend, and my great grandmother, and my Grandma Judy, and Jamie again one day, and that if I follow God and His Son Jesus Christ with all my heart, might, mind and strength that I will never have to be without them again.  I know that this Gospel is true.  I know that our Savior rose again on a beautiful Easter Sunday so that we can be with all of our lobed ones forever.  What joy and comfort that brings me everyday.

Have a wonderful easter, and a bright week.  I love all of you! :)
Always,
Hna Madison McCurdy


ps.  This picture is of me with a picture of my great grandma Dorothy in front of the Houston temple.  I feel like it could go in the Easter Video haha.



Hna Gutierrez commented Madison sneezed at the perfect moment.  I think this picture was taken first and the good one (above) was second.  Look closely at Hna Gutierrez cute smile!


Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment