Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 62 - All those little things become big things


I totally had great things to tell you and then I lost my notes…
Whoops.

Well, last Monday Hermana Homer and I were running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get everything together and then I said goodbye to all my friends, which was sad, especially when I said goodbye to the family that has a pet pig, the Chavez family.

Monday we said goodbye to Monica and took these fantastic pictures as a last hurrah:


And then we drove down to transfer meeting, but were early, so we sat in the Chick-fil-A parking lot for a couple minutes, and then we drove to transfer meeting.

Hermana Homer made me swear to her that I won't forget her, and how could I honestly, couldn't even dream of it, 

and then I met this lovely lady.



My new companion's name is Hermana Andreasen, and she is from Kaysville, Utah.  She has a super cute head of blonde hair and is the designated get away driver because she drives like the someone who should drive in a movie (very talented, while looking fabulous.  But seriously.  Where do you even find sunglasses like those, and get a haircut that good?)  She is a great missionary.  Every sentence she says is so jam packed with faith it's like: "take this!" *punch* "take that!" *punch* I feel really blessed to see and to be touched by her example.  I have already learned a lot from her. :)

My new area is called "Bear Creek".  An inside joke from God?  I haven't decided yet.  But implications from the name aside, I already love it a lot.  There are a lot of apartments, and it straddles the border of nice and ghetto, with some parts of it being just less dangerous ghetto.  The members here are fantastic and loving and love giving their all.

We walked into a party of people from three of my previous areas this week, and that made me super happy.  It was like all I needed in one room!  Minus you of course. :)



This week, we also had this one man try to get us to buy him alcohol because he thought that we were 21.  That was funny.

Hermana Provost came to visit!  I love her!

….and I don't know what else happened this week.

God really provided for us and helped us achieve our goals when it was really hard and 8 o'clock Sunday night and we still needed 2 new investigators.  We ended up finding two!  Milagros!

I tried my first guava!  It turns out I like the pink ones, and not the yellow ones…..

Half of our ward was gone this week helping the people in Louisiana.  I was wishing that I could go too!

Something that I learned this week is from Hna Andreasen-- she always gives 100% of what she has and also remembers to smile and be happy when she is in pain (she had two migraines this week).  It got me thinking about the Savior and about how throughout all he endured he was also probably very happy.  I bet little things like butterflies and rainbows and puddles made him happy.  But I also know that the thing that makes him the very happiest is you!  Whenever we choose to follow him, or read your scriptures, or pray, go to church with your children running around and even when you want to pull out your hair, he smiles.  All those little things become big things, and then those big things become miracles in ourselves.  Those little things make him smile because one day they are exactly what will bring you back to him.  And after all the pain we surely must have caused him, imagine how good that smile must feel.  How full of love, that smile must be.  I would love to make the Savior smile forever.

I know the gospel is true, and that the Savior lives!  But especially, I KNOW THAT THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE.

Love Always,
Hermana McCurdy



No comments:

Post a Comment